Monday, September 16, 2013

PHILIP ROTH

My schedule is absolutely my own.  Usually, I write all day, but if I want to go back to the studio in the evening, after dinner, I don't have to sit in the living room because someone else has been alone all day.  I don't have to sit there and be entertaining or amusing.  I go back out and I work for two or three more hours.  If I wake up at two in the morning - this happens rarely, but it sometimes happens - and something has dawned on me, I turn the light on and I write in the bedroom.  I have these little yellow things all over the place.  I read till all hours if I want to.  If I get up at five and I can't sleep and I want to work, I go out and I go to work.  So I work, I'm on call.  I'm like a doctor and it's an emergency room.  And I'm the emergency.

LINK

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © . Art Blog - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by Art Blog · Powered by Blogger